What are the symptoms?
Some of the symptoms of a sports injury include:
- Weakness in the surrounding area
- Pain in the wounded area
- Hotness, redness, and swelling
- Reduction in range of motion
It’s crucial that you receive the proper diagnosis to prevent causing more injury. With sports injuries, our qualified osteopaths can assist you by determining the underlying source of the problem and assisting your body while it heals.
What are the causes of sports injuries?
Some of the most typical causes of sports injuries that we treat in the clinic are as follows:
- Lifting weights improperly
- Sports-related trauma, such as a rugby tackle
- Under- or overtraining
- Inadequate stretching or warming up before strenuous exercise
These are a few instances; sports injuries can result from various activities. You don’t have to tolerate pain or discomfort if you’re experiencing either of those. You can rely on Prime Health Hub for recovery and support.
How does osteopathic treatment for sports injuries work?
We aid in the recovery from sports injuries with a combination of stretches, massage, gentle joint manipulation, and rehabilitation exercises.
Sports injuries can benefit from our treatments, which can speed up the healing process and prevent problems from recurring.
Osteopathy technique can:
- Promote blood flow to the wounded area to speed up the recovery.
- Do at-home exercises to regain strength in the muscles, ligaments, and other affected areas. (During your visits, your osteopath will prescribe appropriate exercises for you).
- Lessen the buildup of scar tissue;
- Relax the muscles that surround the injured location.
- Return to your athletic endeavor as soon as you can.