How to get rid of persistent cough, continuous clearing of throat and hoarseness?
What is Chronic and Acute Catarrh?
- Catarrh refers to the inflammation of the mucous membranes in the respiratory tract, leading to excessive mucus production.
- Chronic catarrh refers to persistent or long-lasting symptoms, while acute catarrh is a temporary condition.
What is the difference between Phlegm and Catarrh?
- Phlegm is thick mucus produced in the respiratory tract.
- Catarrh, on the other hand, involves inflammation of the mucous membranes and excessive mucus production.
What are the causes of Catarrh?
Catarrh can be caused by viral or bacterial infections, allergies, exposure to irritants like smoke, or underlying conditions such as sinusitis or rhinitis.
What are the Symptoms of Chronic and Acute of Catarrh?
- Chronic catarrh symptoms include persistent cough, nasal congestion, postnasal drip, hoarseness, and decreased sense of smell and taste.
- Acute catarrh symptoms include a runny or blocked nose, sneezing, sore throat, headache, and general malaise.
What is the Pathophysiology of Catarrh?
Catarrh involves inflammation of the respiratory mucous membranes, leading to increased mucus production and congestion.
What are the treatments of Catarrh?
- Treatment options for catarrh include lifestyle modifications, over-the-counter medications, and prescription drugs to manage inflammation.
- In severe or chronic cases, surgical procedures like sinus surgery or adenoidectomy may be recommended.
How Osteopathic diagnosis and Cranial Osteopathy may help?
- Osteopaths at Prime Health Hub diagnose catarrh through comprehensive assessments, considering medical history, symptoms, and physical examinations.
- They use manual techniques to evaluate the respiratory system, palpating for areas of tension or congestion.
- Cranial osteopathy, provided at Prime Health Hub, can address underlying imbalances and restore balance to cranial structures.
- Cranial osteopathy improves lymphatic drainage, reduces congestion, and supports the body’s natural healing processes.
At Prime Health Hub, our experienced osteopaths provide personalized care for catarrh. By addressing the root causes and utilizing cranial osteopathy, they can help alleviate symptoms and promote long-term well-being. Book an appointment at Prime Health Hub to experience their expertise in catarrh management and holistic approach to treatment.
Book an appointment or contact us to discover how our Doctors of Osteopathic medicine can help improve your health with a wholistic approach.